Well, after a very busy (somewhat frantic in fact) but successful weekend baking customer’s cakes – including the infamous boat cake ahem – results of which I will post separately or this post will turn into a novel – what a lovely surprise to see that I had been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award by Eve of samlovescake (http://samlovescake.wordpress.com) – thanks again Eve!
The Liebster Blog Award recognises new or less well-known blogs who post interesting content and are dedicated to their blog and as a fairly new blogger, it really is fantastic to be considered for it.
Now apparently, I have to post 11 facts about myself so here goes:
1) I worked in PR all my life till I was made redundant 3 years ago and decided to make cakes for a living instead!
2) My biggest passion aside from baking is writing and I am a frustrated novelist.
3) I LOVE dogs.
4) Scotland is my spiritual home.
5) I ran and was elected as a local borough councillor.
6) Just like Eve, if I won the lottery I would open a bakery/cafe!
7) I took a late gap year and taught England in Poland for three years.
9) I won third place in The Times Literary short story competition a few years back.
10) Favourite action movies of all time – The Bourne trilogy
11) I have a fear of flying 😦
1) If you could cook or bake one thing every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Freshly baked bread – nothing better than with a slathering of real butter.
2) What is your favourite thing about blogging?
Sharing with others who love baking.
3) What’s the best thing you’ve ever eaten?
Ooh, very hard. A simple margherita pizza eaten in Tuscany by the sea on a very warm day – deliciously crispy base, fresh tomatoes and basil, gooey mozarella and lashings of olive oil… yum! The setting helped 🙂
4) I mentioned earlier that I find cooking therapeutic. Do you feel the same?
Yes…unless the cake devils take hold and a whole batch of cupcakes fall flat when baking an urgent order!
5) What’s your favourite kitchen gadget/utensil?
Hmmm.. my little nest of magnetic measuring spoons.
My nominations: Here’s where I nominate some people of my own but I am going to have to come back on this one as having a ponder…. 🙂